Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Time frames - I'm so pleased with my Peka girl. It's amazing what 7 days in a row of riding her will do. I am delighted with our progress. We've been working so hard at maintaining position, giving to the slightest degree of request or pressure and getting better and better at putting her where I would like her. Moving it up to walk, trot and canter and backup without changing her head position and not bracing,  maintaining the same pace, moving in and out without changing anything.

Everyone I'm working with is working on the same stuff. I'm on a tear! My leg is getting better all the time and it's time we all buckled down and got this done. There is nothing that needs to happen for exceptional horsemanship more than your horse willingly moving forward, backward, left, right, up, down or standing still. Everything...everything falls under this category. It may be jumping a 3'6" fence, barrel racing, competitive trail obstacles...everything falls under this category. So, we may just as well get on with getting it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment