Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I was thinkin'.
I say this a lot to my students. Once a husband and wife team that I was working with stopped me when I started with it and said, "These are the three words we really hate to hear coming out of your mouth. It's always something we don't want to think about or do."

But, for me these are the three most exciting words. They fall into the same category as problem vs. opportunity.
When things are going well OR when things are going not as expected, hmmmm....is a good thing!
Oddly enough, the more this path is traveled, the more either way isn't a bother. As the quote by Krishmaurti says in my book (Curbside Service, Change the Way You and Your Horse Think About Each Other), "The secret is, I don't mind what happens."

So, lets say you're raising a foal for the hunter futurity. It's 7 months old. I was thinking... it would be fun IF you could have the horse perform in the yearling class without a halter. Not that you have to or should, but if you could.... how good would your class go if you then just followed normal protocol and had a bridle on???
What if... you took off your bridle during the class and your horse still won????

No comments:

Post a Comment